Thursday, December 30, 2004

Tomorrow

Overnight and now into the last four days of vacation. I can hear the clock ticking--at least I got all the necessaries done. Now I have four days to work on the tablet and read all the books. Sigh.

I got the call waiting feature AND, it seems, the DSL. I like the callwave very much. It doesn't cost a lot, maybe I'll keep it even after the DSL comes on, but then that would be wasteful, I expect. Won't get the DSL set up for a week, so I don't know yet. I don't even know what my new email address will be..I assume I'll have one.

Getting all of this set up in one week is a dizzying (and expensive) proposition!


Meanwhile.....

Tsunami Death Toll Rockets to 114,000
9 minutes ago

World - AP Asia
By CHRIS BRUMMITT, Associated Press Writer
BANDA ACEH, Indonesia - The death toll from last weekend's earthquake-tsunami catastrophe rose to more than 114,000 on Thursday as Indonesia uncovered more and more dead from ravaged Sumatra island, where pilots dropped food to remote villages still unreachable by rescue workers. A false alarm that new killer waves were about to hit sparked panic in India, Sri Lanka and Thailand.

No comments: