Sunday, February 27, 2005

February gloom

I am seriously affected by SAD. I knew this when I was in New York, but it's even more obvious here. It seems also obvious to me, since I grew up in the fogs of San Francisco, that I should be impervious to such things but give me one gloomy day and I'm in a hole. Give me three, it's raining in February, and I feel like I'll never get out. All it takes is a short patch of sunshine, though, and instantly I am out. Right now, though, it seems that that will never happpen. (I wouldn't worry, You. I live in Florida.)

A part of it, I'm sure, is finishing the piece I've been working on . Perhaps some of that "little death" stuff, but also the piece itself I find so sad. I also found it was a DVD when I had been looking for a painting, but a painting just wouldn't do it. But what the DVD does is so sad. It involves new territory for me, too and, although I welcome it, it affects me apparently profoundly. So I just will be sad this weekend, there isn't much for it, I guess.

No comments: