Sunday, February 27, 2005

So instead...


Instead I will post a drawing made yesterday by Our Young Artist who, since last week her father tells us, has discovered a book on how to draw comics. It was inevitable, of course, and I predict she'll pass through this how-to phase very quickly. (I am confident, she's irrepressible :) Right now,though, she's in that phase my old drawing teacher Sam called wanting to record the world around you. I didn't see what was wrong with that then and I still don't, but I think he was referring to drawings that looked "right", "faithful" to "reality." Anyway, OYA can do that with her eyes closed, I'm sure and will move on (back) to work that truly is faithful to reality. Meanwhile, we shall admire her skill as she discovers it. And post this thankfully somewhat hybrid drawing...

No comments: